Welcome to the Rock Bridge Canyon Equestrian Park website!
We invite you to spend your weekend or vacation exploring the beautiful sites on our scenic miles of trails.
Rock Bridge Canyon Equestrian Park is a horse trail located in Hodges, Alabama with miles of picturesque trails winding through acres of woodlands and canyons with points of interest and overlooks. For the adventurous rider we have challenging trails and for the rider who likes to take it nice and slow we have less challenging trails for a more leisurely ride.
While we are an Equestrian trail, we also offer walking and hiking trails with beautiful waterfalls where you can relax. Walk across the natural rock bridge which is 100 feet high and 82 feet long. Experience a breathtaking view 285 feet above the canyon from atop the largest rock in Alabama.
We currently have over 27 miles of trails with more in the process of being developed.
At this time we do not have horses available to rent.
For more information call (205) 935-3499. Get directions and plan a visit.
We have updated our schedule. We are tentatively scheduling our Mountain Laurel Ride for May 20, 2017 and have added Bulls & Pistols for June 3, 2017. Check out all events and make plans to visit the Park! 2017 Schedule of events (11)
April 21 – 22, 2017 Hodges Hootenanny Endurance Rice AERC/SERA Sanctioned Events Hodges Hootenanny Flyer ver 3
March 24-25, 2017 Justin Case is here and this event will be held (barring extreme weather). Going to be a great weekend. Will have smoked pork plates starting at 1p.m. on Saturday the 25th. $10 for plate that includes slaw, potato salad, baked beans, and bread. YUM!
Extreme Cowboy Clinic & Race Justin Case Clinic 1-4 pm on 24th & Race on 25th (see his website for entry rules: www.extremecowboyassociation.com ) Open a pdf flyer: 2017 RBC – EXCA Race Flyer
April 1, 2017 April Fools Day Ride
We are still having breakfast at the Camp store Saturday morning. Come on out and join us!
The ALABAMA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS at Rock Bridge Canyon Equestrian Park is less than 3 weeks away. We have quite a few entries but hope more of you will enter – especially you TN Riders & more AL Riders! (Riders from: Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas have entered.) The first walk thru will be at 8:00 am on Sat March 25th. We are proud to have Julie Murphy as our Judge. Julie is also designing the courses. Julie has been thinking about this for a long time – challenges courses for sure!
A “Drilling 4 Success” Clinic will be held Friday March 24th at 1 pm in the arena. You do not have to be a member of the EXCA to participate in the Clinic. But be forewarned for extensive drilling.
A Pot Luck Supper will be held in the Clubhouse at 6 pm. Rocky Top will provide the meat. Would you bring something? Let me know what you can bring as soon as you can. Please remind me if you already stated you would bring something.
I believe we will have time for a Jack Pot Race late Sat afternoon with a Winner Take All Jack Pot (80%). The other 20% will go to Heroes & Horses Veteran Equine Program. Format: Equal Obstacles (6) both sides of the arena. 2 Horse & Rider Race with the Winners advancing until 2 are left with a Winner! 🙂 🙂 Enter at Registration.
Keep in mind, Prize Money is awarded by number of entries in each Division. Tho I am being idealistic, I hope you are riding for horsemanship, passion, & fun! If you are riding just for the money, please do not enter. We run a great race and look forward to making each race better and better for you! Thank you!
Apps available at www.extremecowboyassociation.com and/or www.justin-case.net Reservations: 205.935.3499
Hope to see all of you in ALABAMA!
Thank you. ~Justin
March 18, 2017 St. Patrick’s Day/ Daylight Savings Time Ride
March 11, 2017 Due to the weather forecast for Saturday, the Cowboy Mounted Shooting will be rescheduled. We will post the new date when we schedule. Thank you!
February 25, 2017 Join us Saturday for our Spring Fling Ride. We will be smoking a hog Saturday and starting around 5:00 p.m. have plates with baked beans and slaw for sale. Weather is looking beautiful!
March 24-25, 2017 Extreme Cowboy Clinic & Race Justin Case Clinic 1-4 pm on 24th & Race on 25th (see his website for entry rules: www.extremecowboyassociation.com ) Open a pdf flyer: 2017 RBC – EXCA Race Flyer