Plan Your Trip Today
Welcome to the Rock Bridge Canyon Equestrian Park website!
We invite you to spend your weekend or vacation exploring the beautiful sites on our scenic miles of trails.
Rock Bridge Canyon Equestrian Park is a horse trail with miles of picturesque trails winding through acres of woodlands and canyons with points of interest and overlooks. For the adventurous rider we have challenging trails and for the rider who likes to take it nice and slow we have less challenging trails for a more leisurely ride.
While we are an Equestrian trail, we also offer walking and hiking trails with beautiful waterfalls where you can relax. Walk across the natural rock bridge which is 100 feet high and 82 feet long. Experience a breathtaking view 285 feet above the canyon from atop the largest rock in Alabama.
We currently have over 27 miles of trails with more in the process of being developed.
At this time we do not have horses available to rent.
For more information call (205) 935-3499. Get directions and plan a visit.
This Saturday, November 1, 2014, will be the Rock Bridge Canyon Bucking Stock Sale. The sale will begin at 12 noon. Free admission. Food available for purchase.
Friday & Saturday, October 24-25, 2014 - Creatures in the Canyon Haunted Walking Trail (beginning at dark each evening). Creatures in the Canyon Flyer
Rock Bridge Canyon Equestrian Park will be having a new contest called SELFIES IN THE CANYON. And just as the name applies we want you to take a selfie at your favorite spot along the trails (riding or hiking). Here is how it will work:
FIRST AND FOREMOST PLEASE REMEMBER YOU MUST ALWAYS STOP BY THE CAMPSTORE AND PAY YOUR $10 DAY RIDE FEE / HIKING FEE AND SIGN A RELEASE OF LIABILITY IN ORDER TO USE THE ROCK BRIDGE CANYON EQUESTRIAN PARK TRAILS.
- Find your favorite spot on our trails. It can be on the hiking trails or on the horse trails.
- Take a Selfie of yourself at that spot.
- It MUST be taken by you of you!!!! Hence the term SELFIE!!!!
- YOUR ROCK BRIDGE CANYON ARM BAND MUST BE SEEN IN THE PICTURE!!!! This is a must. Pictures will be disqualified if we cannot see your arm band to prove you have paid to ride.
- Send your favorite to the Rock Bridge Canyon Face Book page through a private message between the dates of September 1st – 23rd, 2014.
- When it is received it will be posted in an album titled Selfies in the Canyon.
- Ask all your friends to add us and like your picture. People will be able to vote / like your selfie at any time after it is posted.
- Deadline for submitting pictures will be SEPTEMBER 23rd. No pictures will be accepted after that date.
- Voting will remain open until September 29th. All likes must be made by 12am that night.
- The picture with the most likes will win the SELFIES IN THE CANYON contest.
- The winner will receive
- A Rock Bridge Canyon short sleeve T- Shirt
- A rock Bridge Canyon Ball Camp
- 2 Passes for the October 24 – 25 Creatures in the Canyon Hay Ride
- One pair of bullet earring of their choices from Uniquely Southern Jewelry
Rock Bridge Canyon Equestrian Park reserves the right to disqualify any photos deemed inappropriate or that does not follow the above set rules. Please use caution and safety while taking pictures and do not put yourself or your horse into any dangerous or compromising positions
Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 2nd Annual Spirit of Hodges Ride starting at 9:00 a.m.
Saturday, July 5, 2014 - Stars and Stripes Trail Ride starting at 9:00 a.m.
Friday & Saturday, June 20-21, 2014 - Rock Bridge Canyon Equestrian Park Annual Rodeo/Trail Ride. Open the poster below below for details.
Saturday, May 24, 2014 - Mountain Laurel Ride starting at 9:00 a.m. Click below to open flyer.
Mountain Laurel ride flyer